Startup DreamersStartup Dreamers
  • Home
  • Startup
  • Money & Finance
  • Starting a Business
    • Branding
    • Business Ideas
    • Business Models
    • Business Plans
    • Fundraising
  • Growing a Business
  • More
    • Innovation
    • Leadership
Trending

Senators Urge Top Regulator to Stay Out of Prediction Market Lawsuits

February 20, 2026

Zillow Has Gone Wild—for AI

February 19, 2026

OpenAI’s President Gave Millions to Trump. He Says It’s for Humanity

February 18, 2026
Facebook Twitter Instagram
  • Newsletter
  • Submit Articles
  • Privacy
  • Advertise
  • Contact
Facebook Twitter Instagram
Startup DreamersStartup Dreamers
  • Home
  • Startup
  • Money & Finance
  • Starting a Business
    • Branding
    • Business Ideas
    • Business Models
    • Business Plans
    • Fundraising
  • Growing a Business
  • More
    • Innovation
    • Leadership
Subscribe for Alerts
Startup DreamersStartup Dreamers
Home » Russia Censors Internet As Mercenaries Pledge To Topple Military
Innovation

Russia Censors Internet As Mercenaries Pledge To Topple Military

adminBy adminJune 24, 20231 ViewsNo Comments2 Mins Read
Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

At least five of Russia’s biggest internet providers have blocked Google News, according to the open internet advocacy group NetBlocks. The move comes after the head of the Wagner mercenary group, Yevgeny Prigozhin, denounced the head of Russia’s military and advocated for an armed uprising against the country’s military leaders.

“Metrics show that the Google News aggregator platform has become unavailable for many users in,” NetBlocks first reported after 7:00 p.m. ET.

There are also unconfirmed reports that major websites like Yandex, Russia’s version of Google, have started censoring Prigozhin’s name and any messages he’s trying to send out.

Prigozhin accused the Russian military of conducting an airstrike against his mercenary force and made threats against Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu in a video published to Telegram, one of Russia’s most popular social media platforms. Prigozhin claims to have a force of 25,000 that will rise up against the “scum” in the Russian military.

“All of us are ready to die. All 25,000, and then another 25,000. We are dying for the Russian people,” Prigozhin said in a message, according to the AFP.

Videos published across various social media channels show what are believed to be Wagner-controlled tanks in the Russian city of Rostov.

Russia’s Federal Security Service opened an investigation into Prigozhin late Friday and Russian officials have accused Prigozhin of advocating a coup against the Russian government. However, Prigozhin did not name Russian President Vladimir Putin in his video. Prigozhin had been given extreme latitude in criticizing the Russian military, his ostensible ally in the invasion of Ukraine—a war that started in February 2022.

Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov issued a statement that President Putin was aware of the situation and that his government was taking “all necessary measures,” according to the Washington Post.

“Special services and law enforcement agencies, namely the Defense Ministry, Federal Security Service, Interior Ministry and the Russian Guard, constantly report to the president in a round-the-clock mode on the measures taken in the context of the implementation of his earlier instructions,” Peskov reportedly said.

Prigozhin faces 20 years in prison, according to Russia’s TASS news outlet, but that’s assuming he’s ever captured.



Read the full article here

Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Tumblr Email

Related Articles

Today’s Wordle #1686 Hints And Answer For Friday, January 30

Innovation January 30, 2026

Today’s Wordle #1685 Hints And Answer For Thursday, January 29

Innovation January 29, 2026

Today’s Wordle #1684 Hints And Answer For Wednesday, January 28

Innovation January 28, 2026

U.S. Revamps Wildfire Response Into Modern Central Organization

Innovation January 27, 2026

Studies Are Increasingly Finding High Blood Sugar May Be Associated With Dementia

Innovation January 26, 2026

Google’s Last Minute Offer For Pixel Customers

Innovation January 25, 2026
Add A Comment

Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Editors Picks

Senators Urge Top Regulator to Stay Out of Prediction Market Lawsuits

February 20, 2026

Zillow Has Gone Wild—for AI

February 19, 2026

OpenAI’s President Gave Millions to Trump. He Says It’s for Humanity

February 18, 2026

Meta Goes to Trial in a New Mexico Child Safety Case. Here’s What’s at Stake

February 16, 2026

Salesforce Workers Circulate Open Letter Urging CEO Marc Benioff to Denounce ICE

February 15, 2026

Latest Posts

AI Industry Rivals Are Teaming Up on a Startup Accelerator

February 13, 2026

‘Uncanny Valley’: Tech Elites in the Epstein Files, Musk’s Mega Merger, and a Crypto Scam Compound

February 11, 2026

How iPhones Made a Surprising Comeback in China

February 10, 2026

Loyalty Is Dead in Silicon Valley

February 9, 2026

Epstein Files Reveal Peter Thiel’s Elaborate Dietary Restrictions

February 7, 2026
Advertisement
Demo

Startup Dreamers is your one-stop website for the latest news and updates about how to start a business, follow us now to get the news that matters to you.

Facebook Twitter Instagram Pinterest YouTube
Sections
  • Growing a Business
  • Innovation
  • Leadership
  • Money & Finance
  • Starting a Business
Trending Topics
  • Branding
  • Business Ideas
  • Business Models
  • Business Plans
  • Fundraising

Subscribe to Updates

Get the latest business and startup news and updates directly to your inbox.

© 2026 Startup Dreamers. All Rights Reserved.
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms of use
  • Press Release
  • Advertise
  • Contact

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.

GET $5000 NO CREDIT